even
in the coolest of November shades!”
It
was 1999, the spirits of generosity floated in the air
when
the moon sacrificed its eon of glaring upon the cosmos.
Bestowed
it to the gigantic jaundiced star to sizzle the earth
for
a span beyond the denominated.
That
was the season when the nights were short
and
the days were long!
It
was summer time in northern Louisiana!
It
was 1999 only, when the arcane fuchsia flavors of love
lingered
in thin air in consonance with
the anemic and colorless smog of invisible water vapors
along the coastline of the Gulf of Mexico!
As
the shore recurrently enamored the titanic waves,
they
vaulted towards it to make sweet love to it.
Then
suddenly, they would recede, back into the ocean
to
only adore the sandy shore, just one more time.
It
was 1999 only, when on a late August twilight
on
the plush soft and crystal sand I lay my back
and
played rock & roll on my radio!
I
held in my right hand, a bottle of whiskey,
in
my head I weaved a countless chimeras
admiring
the winsomeness of the sickle-shaped moon!
In such a season of generosity and love
when
the Atlantic waters were rave and the russet sun was high,
I
set my eyes on her: a spotless solstice she-stunner!
She
was eighteen; she was far from in between,
caught
between the makings of a girl and a woman!
She
emerged out of the silver aquamarine, just like
a
water mermaid dreamt in a midsummer night dream!
Anatomically
like a sandy hour glass kept in an ocean cruise,
face
like the goddess: Venus de Milo!
The
flush of her skin, like oxidized bronze!
Like
a cheetah, she walked, like a nightingale’s her voice.
Like a deer’s doe, her eyes,
like vine creepers the curls of her ginger
dyed tresses!
Doubtlessly,
she was my summer surprise!
Oh
I never will forget the way the moonlight
shined
upon her hair!
She
smiled at me, when I looked at her and
she
blushed into scarlet, when I gazed at her!
When
the sun, so yellow as Xanthus
went
down into the jade hued sea,
she
lay next to me, like an enchantress would
enjoying the stars, songs and the summer bong!
enjoying the stars, songs and the summer bong!
It
was the summer of whoopee and hoopla
when
together on the beach we sang and danced!
We
splashed water by the sand bar and
talked
madness endlessly by the campfire!
It
had been the simple things in life like when and where!
It
was then; into her hazel hued iris, I loved to gaze
and
be defeated by her simplicity.
When
she’d look at me, looking at her,
her
face would blush with a crimson flush
with
surges of adrenaline at its peak most rush!
At
the game of nude beach volley, a pro she was
and
together we built the innumerable castles in the sand!
She
buried me often, deep into the sand
and
out of me, a monument made she!
I
watched her jump and leap and hop
with
paramount euphoria on entombing me.
With
more in love, I fell with her,
when
like a sepulcher, I lay for her.
As
the summer sun beat madly on us,
our
hearts melted like butter.
And
when the waves went high and the sun went down,
I
had my 1st kiss, the very dawn!
As
the sun met the sea, just for her and me,
her
lips met mine for love, wine and song.
We
wouldn’t stop, we carried on..
I
wonder how long, we went along.
Her
confident playfulness dripped all over me,
when
like a baby boy she played with me.
Like
a gray pebble I felt, flowing in with the cascading waters
being
driven by the waves she formed upon me!
She spiraled my emotions and twisted my affections!
Like
a dry leaf flowing in the wind wave,
I
was driven unto numbness.
I
looked at her soft body, salvia supple she was!
She
smelled my hair and she caressed my back,
she
cuddled my cheek and she kissed my neck
she
coalesced into me, so seamlessly
I
united in her, continuously...
like
amalgamated mercury!
In
each other, our bodies fitted so perfectly,
like
puzzle perfectly crafted!
My
nerves went numb and my heart grew quiet,
in
entirety I was anesthetized!
Into her concealed innocence, I was pushed,
yet
blaring out loud into my ears was
the 80’s music which played next to us
that
further enticed my need for
vigorous
summer love.
We
watched dolphins jump from the docks
and
waves roll off the rocks!
We’d
lie down on the sand, holding hands
pointing
at the changing-unchanging figures in the clouds above!
We’d
blister in the summer sun;
we
couldn’t wait for night to come,
to
dance by the bonfire and play some rock and roll.
we
sculled whiskey in subsequence ,
smoked
out grass through the night
and
yelled out crescendo notes in unison!
We
tried different things ,
we
smoked funny things and
made
love by the shore to our favorite song.
Sipped
whiskey out the bottle, not waiting for tomorrow,
sang
the varied genres of songs, all summer long!
Now
nothing seems as strange as when the winds began to change..
O’
how we thought those days would never end!
Eventually
the birds flew south and the summer sun set soon,
with
her next to me, I no more viewed the moon!
As
the golden sun moved on and the waves receded along
So
much of poignancy and remorse I held,
on
knowing that my summer love had gone!
The
very last of our sand games, I miss so bad
and
yearning for the wicked bonfire grooves still make me sad!
Sometimes
when I hear that song and I start to sing along
and
I profoundly long to see that girl again..
From
the deepest holes of my heart, my love drips for her.
It
never did fade, even with the slow summer time ticking away.
The
August passion will continue to stay,
Even
in the coolest of November shades!



No comments:
Post a Comment