Three Decembers ago, a fortnight before
Christmas,
we were basking ourselves beneath the
Anguillan sun,
along the coasts of the foamy
Caribbean.
To me, you’d shown then:
the lofty leaps of the playful dolphins!
You showed me how, she dares,
to lurch up into a space of infinite
air,
that has the power to abduct her life!
She springs up yet, in pursuance of the
air above
that solely has the power to grant her
life!
She finally plunges back into the
emerald waters:
fathomless, mysterious!
You taught me to dare.
To dare to step out of my space, to
emerge out of my cot
and leap into the world of mighty
indefiniteness!
Cause there I will find a world
of
opportunities, challenges, fortune and freedom
and a plethora of entities to choose
from!
You told me to jump,
into all the things my butterfly heart
ever fluttered for!
Into the infinite bubbles of flimsy
chimeras I’ve blown!
Into my ever green garden of fuchsia
fantasies I’ve planted.
You taught me, it was essential to undergo
that life changing giant leap
to grab a hold on all the things I
love,
in a singular go!
Even the ones that seem impossible to
attain
Unreachable, in scalable!
You coached me to jump,
even when dubiousness of task hovered
like a cloud of uncertainty!
Like doe’s in olive vineyards, I could
jump,
even though it were non empirical.
The only intendment, my happiness!
You told me to jump free,
without any fear of falling
cause
you’ll be right there waiting,
to
catch me unfailingly before I fall!
This December, I still wonder why,
with the look of a man who regrets,
you walked away from me,
promising to never come back!
Bursting the infinite bubbles of
chimeras I’d blown and
plucking every little grass off my
garden of fuchsia fantasy
by going away from me, leaving me
lovelorn!
I jumped off.
Like the way, you’d taught me: fearlessly, heroically!
Alas! I trusted you!
At long last, I took that giant leap!
My reason was love
which transformed me in ways, I never
could imagine.
Nothing for you has changed, I hope!



No comments:
Post a Comment