Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Known Unknown.


“Smile at a stranger. See what wonder happens!”

“Aren’t you scared to meet me?” Said he
“Not at all!” said she.
“Not?” Questioned the bizarre he
“Why should I?” Interjected back, the innocent she!
"Weren’t you nervous in the start?" She never was.
"I could be anyone!" She knew he wasn’t.
"How?" Perturbed he was.
"Just!" Sure she was.

A stranger, you may be,
however not stranger than a fiction
A stranger you may be, but the truth you are.
Are you even a stranger or you just pretend to be?

As you sit in front of me,
some 15 inches away, your eyes and mine they fix!
Your eyes are brown, eyes never lie
they are steadfast in their gaze!
Your shirt is black, it doesn’t cringe much, I see
as your shoulders shift their orientation!
As I speak an infinite deal of nothing,
you sit only to listen!

I am a river of deep waters inside me.
You can negotiate my breath,
And swim to cross me across me.
But you can never rip me apart

Why will you harm me?
Why should you?
What do you need to harm me? Am I providing you any?
No slight of annoyance, no trace of provocation
No fuel made of ire, no little instigations!

You’ve breathed the same air as I have,
and soaked in the golden sun as me!
When it rained, like me you danced in it,
and when the wind blew loud, like me you took covers!
How then, can you be different from me, oh stranger?
You may not be my blood,
but aren’t our blood constituents the same?

 A human, you are, just like me.
Do you not have human eyes that see?
You have hands to span and grasp your greed,
organs that thump to live!
Senses to prove you are alive as me,
 affections to show, you care!
Passions that indignate, satisfactions that vindicate!

With the same food, we are fed.
With the same weapons, we are hurt.
Subject to the same disease and healed by the same means
The same sun shall warm you and the same ice can cool.
If you are pricked, you’ll bleed! So shall I!
If I am tickled, I’ll laugh! So will you!
If you are poisoned, you’ll die! So shall I!
And if you wrong me, I’ll revenge! So will you!
Won’t you? Won’t I?
And still you remain a stranger?

For me you are not, a friend you are!
Your fingers are lean, they often not cringe!
Your gaze is stead, it doesn’t lie!

“You are nice!” said she
“Nice?” said he
“How big is the universe?” queried she
“Infinite!” answered the confused he
“Have you seen it?” probed she
“I believe it.” Confirmed he
“It’s the same with your niceness.” Smiled she!

I rose up this morning and thought of you in subsequence, for
your paleness moved me anymore than your eloquence
Thence, you I chose to see, joy was the consequence!


3 comments:

  1. TO LIVE IN THE HEARTS WE LEAVE BEHIND IS NOT TO DIE.....................

    promulgating the era of our new wisdom thy name my angel in my new dimension...
    progeny of nature , privy document of SATAN...
    i am the perspicacious explanaton in my stranger.....

    the luscious wine of thy true nature...
    i accept the sobriquet of thy new STRANGER..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody tell this girl to explore the field of creative writing..
    Brilliant as ever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Manish: *eyes out of my sockets* :P You write beautifully. :)
    -Sahil: 'Someone's telling this to me, 'yet another time'. :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.