Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sweet Surrender.


“When she surrendered and actually gave in she realised,
‘why was she resisting it in the first place?!?’”

That evening when the atmosphere outside was windy,
but my mood was warm!
When the semblance of the neighbourhood was no more a concern.
Next to her I sat, to fall in love with her!
Towards the infinite ulterior I looked,
as did she, towards the everlasting yonder!
Was she speculating the same as I was, I wondered?
Irrespective of the parallax, our vision had!

To her, then, I said
that it shall find its way, through gaps and crevices.
Seep its way through closed windows and pleated curtains,
through narrow gaps between the door and the walls!
Consequently through little fissures and closed apertures.
Through eyelids squeezed shut and pressed in tight.
Whether you will or not
light will find its way, into the darkness behind your eyes.

With eyeballs rolling in utter amazement,
she turned to me in marvel and exclaimed,
‘Like light like love!’
If it has to, it shall arrive in all closeness and detention!
That day, to elucidate  love,
Her words lost their way in hidden mazes.
She told me, how unruly were they,
to not be falling in place!

I remember it was then I fell for her.
To me she was exotic, to her I was an alien!
Such a mad paroxysm love for strangers
is not lucid, they said then.
But like a lump in my throat, love sat
as twilight thickened around me like a sweater.
Swathed in its warm security and temperate protection,
in such rare, fleeting moments
I dared to love.

I turned to her then, to hang on to a kiss.
To taste the light of her soul,
that beamed through her glittering eyes,
as the nights melted away,
like aftertaste in her mouth!
Alas! She turned to me and said,
“My eyes are stars!
They can only twinkle.
Forgive my up-curving lips.
They can only smile...”

Suddenly then, in a way of sweet surrender,
she pressed her lips against mine
and added, “...and kiss!”
As darkness fell like a curtain
to enwrap their love eternally!

Once people said, “You are mad!”
She said, “of course not!”
But when she fell on her face in love, all her mad rants became her song!

2 comments:

  1. i dont kno who told u..cuz most of it act resembles 'd stry'...tutu ..*touchy touchy*...wanna meet u asap....dudette gr8 work wid d BUTTONS..appreciate....<3 :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.