Friday, July 24, 2009

Anesthesia.


“Why do you look at me, like that?”
“Because you are so beautiful”


The way you looked at me through the windscreen of my car,
while I was waiting for you with a song in my heart!
Your vision an X ray machine, the windscreen, the film…
And why did you give the lopsided smile of yours?
your demented, asymmetrical smile..
It turned me frenzy, unsound, wacky!
Could you just not look at me and turn?
Turn to a direction where you would not see me,
but only feel my presence?
And when you opened the door and sat next to me,
my heart skipped beats. Beats after beats…
I weren’t living, only breathing!
You were such an anaesthesia..

Why did you not tell me where to go?
Did you too lose yourself in me?
In the entire psychotic town, was I the only one u saw?
Like the aromas, lights, metals were little boats,
that sails towards the isles that wait for me
“Don’t look at me that way.
I am in love with you, don’t you see?”
I was shivering, quivering, you noticed, didn’t you?
You would not just shift your persistent gaze.
And you would not just let me drive!
You were the sun, which would not seize to look upon the earth,
setting it ablaze, melting glaciers!
You would continue to hypnotize, mesmerize
like you were a crystal moon, I was a mere red autumn branch.
You were such an entrapment.
Such a heated anaesthesia…

You asked me so many a questions,
which I certainly could not interpret.
‘Cause your breath had taken me out of my mind,
and your gaze pushed me to coma!
But my imprudent answers perhaps never made you wise,
else, your eyes would never gaze in my eyes.
The way you held my palm,
eventually then, my fingers,
it was like nothing I had felt in ages!
It were like ice on fire!
Like stones melting!
Did you feel my pulse rate soar when u held me by the wrist?
And you rubbed you thumb on my little finger,
It felt like you were smoothening it.
I know, you were turning me torpid,
Like you were administering in me, anaesthesia!

But why did you leave?
I saw you go with innocent hope filled eyes,
but you looked back at me like I was a screaming stranger.
Did you look deep into them? Did you see they never lied?
I nearly died, when you opened the car’s door and walked away.
My cheeks had grown pale, colder my kiss!
Because I knew, it would be long enough by the time you return,
if ever you do…
I believe, I can bring you back in this car again,
one day.
For I can’t get over your heated anaesthesia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.